Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Little things that matter

I just realized that I won't be seeing my home for a whole year. Gone are the carefree days of waking up in my room, slapping the alarm clock silent, delving into the oh-so-fresh sheets of sleepy goodness, and then suddenly realizing that Mom is shaking me (rather violently at times) to snap me out of my blissful slumber.

Gone are the days where I study together with my dear bro, catching up with our imaginary friend, and engaging in our rather pointless/pathetic self-stated intellectual quarrels (we claim in develops on-the-spot critical thinking and mental prowess).

No more lessons with my dear music teachers who have taught me ever so much and have invested to much time and energy in bringing out the best in me. As passion breeds more passion....their love for music has evidently captured my senses and radiated throughout my whole being.

And church. My home church. A place for worship and devotion. A place where I had countless opportunities to serve and develop my talents. A place where everybody encourages one another and influences each other for good. A place to grow and to help others grow; a place and people that embrace one single vision: to love God, honor Him, and serve Him.

And my family. Oh how I will miss them! It's no small change for one who has been homeschooled and has literally grown together with the ones closest to her. Owh, my heart aches at the thought of leaving my beloved family.

And to all my friends and companions - thank you for loving me and being there for me. Seriously lah, it's no joke to be moving away to strange place without all you amazing people. It's tough, but I'll hang on and hopefully settle down quickly! Will remember all of you - there's facebook, skype, blogspot, and all the other wunnerful technological tools too keep us connected =D

It's not goodbye forever (though it seems like it at the present moment).

Every goodbye makes the next hello closer.

3 comments:

Michael K said...

Anyway, you can worship anywhere. It is not restricted to church only. You can express it in life. Express it in college life!

Anyway "enjoy" yourself over there. Study hard, study for God, 'cause life is for His glory.

See you next year! :DDDD

mxgirl918 said...

Oh STEPHIEEEEEEEEE. I feel you and I KNOW how you feel. :D

I feel bad that I couldn't be around to send you off or celebrate our bdays together. We won't be seeing each other for years (not months) on end from now on :( but we'll always be sisters in Christ.

Enjoy yourself over there. Always remember to turn to God when you feel alone or like giving up.

Lots of love from your dear buddy :)

mxgirl918 said...

Oh STEPHIEEEEEEEEE. I feel you and I KNOW how you feel. :D

I feel bad that I couldn't be around to send you off or celebrate our bdays together. We won't be seeing each other for years (not months) on end from now on :( but we'll always be sisters in Christ.

Enjoy yourself over there. Always remember to turn to God when you feel alone or like giving up.

Lots of love from your dear buddy :)